Friday, February 22, 2008

The Start of a Thrifty Nation

Thrifty:

Given to, or evincing, thrift; characterized by economy and good management of property; sparing; frugal.


Many have deemed me cheap or an outright stick in the mud---I can't help it, I enjoy saving money and getting a good deal on things I need, or on some occasions, I really want. I am a 21 year old accounting student in New York, I need to save every penny I can get my hands on. As my declaration of war on financial terrorism, the terror of my ever-increasing student loan debt and New York rent, I have created this blog to chronicle my own personal journey to the fiscal Land of Oz, and to highlight some of the best bargains and deals I come across during my journey.

I have great hope that my efforts will induce personal financial fortitude and help others (you guys), as well!!!

No comments: