Saturday, February 23, 2008

Groceries

Stop and Shop? Pathmark? Where can I go to get the best deals.? Though I am a college student, I try not to engorge myself with the typical diet of others in my demographic. Should I than go to Whole Foods? Buying groceries is probably my biggest challenge in the war I have waged on my financial pitfalls. Buying lunch everyday is a no-no, being that the cost could be as high as $10 to $15 a day. In the effort to resolve my virtual quagmire I revered back to my even younger years. The years of my childhood, when every Sunday my mother gave me a pair of plastic scissors, that barely could cut through wet paper without some effort, and we sat and cut coupons together from the newspaper. I have tried the same tactic, purchasing the Sunday paper and searching its content for the coupons that would bring me inches closer to financial freedom I have dreamed of. More times than not, I have felt my effort were in vain. The coupon selection was thin at best---most of the discount being on non-essentials or unknown brands. Where am I to go? As with most things, the Internet has change coupons and discounts associated with groceries. Sites like SundaySaver.com or eCoupon.com lend thrifty shoppers a helping hand in finding the best deals. With rising commodity prices and the surge of crude oil price-- we all need some relief-- the slight relief that a coupon brings to our pockets

No comments: